Friday, September 3, 2010

Surrender

"Surrender"
My hands hold safly to my dreams
Clutching tightly not one has fallen
So many years I've shaped each one
Reflecting my heart showing who I am
Now you're asking me to show
What I'm holding oh so tightly
Can't open my hands can't let go
Does it matter?
Should I show you?
Can't you let me go?
Surrender, surrender you whisper gently
You say I will be freeI know but can't you see?
My dreams are me. My dreams are me
You say you have a plan for me
And that you want the best for my life
Told me the world had yet to see
What you can do with one
That's committed to Your calling
I know of course what I should do
That I can't hold these dreams forever
If I give them now to You
Will You take them away forever?
Or can I dream again?
BarlowGirl
It is so easy for me to believe and to have faith in God, that he will make it all work out. But surrendering is a whole other thing. Suddenly I am dealing with the idea of surrendering. Surrendering the idea of a better house or the hope for another baby soon, or just having more time to do everything. Surrendering is not giving up. It means putting God's wishes and will before your own. It means wanting what he wants more than what you want. Its easy to say, much harder to do. I feel like I have these dreams that have to be fullfilled or my life will still be lacking something, or that my home will not be full. I am remembering that I have to give these to God and not take them back. To trust that God will take them and make them better than I could ever dream them to be. Its hard, my heart aches for my dreams to come true, but my heart aches more for God's will to be done with my life and in my life. I am so blessed, God has given me so much, way more than I deserve. I want to live a life of surrender, a life that is God-led, not dream-led. Will you do the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment